Lessons Learned: Assessing the Coaching Relationship
Complete a Lessons Learned Record that lists the insights and observations as a result of a coaching session. These notes will help inform your personal development plan.
Critically reflective practices help us gain a deeper understanding of our own assumptions, values, and actions.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Describe strategies for successful coaching.
- Describe how a coach builds trust and rapport.
- Identify any revised SMART goals resulting from a coaching session.
- Detail specific steps taken toward a SMART goal.
- Describe how a coach can demonstrate interest and understanding.
- Describe insights gained from a coaching session.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is consistent with the expectations for a health care professional.
- Use current APA format and style and correct grammar and mechanics in writing.