In this exercise, you will write a two-page letter to your state or federal representative about a health-care issue currently being discussed/debated. Research where your representative stands on a current health-care issue as well as where the medical profession, such as professional organizations, practicing medical professionals, patients, and other advocates, stands on the issue. In your letter, you will state why you either agree or disagree with your representative’s position on the issue and provide references to support your position. Provide a title page and a reference page. This does not count toward the total page count.
- Identify a health-care issue that is currently being debated nationally or at the state level.
- Write a two-page letter explaining why you agree with your representative’s position or not.
- Include data and evidence as appropriate to align your position with the current People goals. a. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/healthy_people/hp2020/hp2020_topic_areas.htm b. Include references to the appropriate government agencies.
- Utilizing the SWS format, include a reference page with at least two to three references from the past year. The citations must follow the SWS format. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources. This course requires the use of new Student Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are as follows:
- Analyze the U.S. health-care system at local, regional, state, and national levels.
- Examine the influence of political, economic, and social factors on the historical and current structure of the U.S. health-care system.
- Determine the various roles and responsibilities of interdisciplinary health-care team members and the required credentials.