Security Needs and Objectives Paper
Project Deliverable 2: Security Needs and Objectives
For Project Deliverable 2, you are a newly appointed Security Officer (SO). The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) has given you sixty days (60) days to deliver a security policy plan to address the organizational growth that the company is anticipating. Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Use the Internet to research the process that leads to the identification of security needs in an organization. Also, research an organization with a security policy in place, and review how this organization laid down the foundation for its security policy. Review the business requirements for the security project plan. You will be asked to describe the detailed project including the scope of the project; possible security risks, constraints, and assumptions; integration with other systems and infrastructure; and relevant terms that were used throughout the security project.
Write a three to four (3-4) full page paper in which you:
1. Explain the process that leads to the identification of security needs and how those needs lay down a foundation for a policy.
2. Describe the details regarding the type of business in which the company you researched is engaged.
3. Provide a description about the current system requirements activities within the organization you researched.
4. Describe the types of data that the company you researched collects to support the business. The description should include the following:
a. Operational systems
b. Analytics and interfaces
c. Infrastructure and security
5. Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The assignment must follow these formatting requirements: NO Plagarism!!
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length