Assessment Description: It is essential that cybersecurity professionals are capable of evaluating a company to determine if compliance laws and standards are being followed correctly.
It is essential that cybersecurity professionals are capable of evaluating a company to determine if compliance laws and standards are being followed correctly.
Using the industry you chose in CYB-515, identify the essential elements regarding what is required to attain compliance or successful cybersecurity resilience.
Write a 1,250- to 1,500-word compliance report to the CIO from a legal standpoint that addresses the following:
- Evaluate the components of IT governance frameworks to ensure regulatory compliance within your chosen organization.
- Determine what overarching guidance and laws the industry must comply with.
- Examine the requisite set of standards, frameworks, policies, and best practices most helpful in the development and implementation of the organization’s objectives.
- Perform requirements analyses to formulate and deploy business information systems solutions within an organization.
- Identify the industry’s critical data infrastructure assets (i.e., network, telecom, utilities, applications, computers, and client data categories).
- Identify human resources for technical, management, and legal operations.
- Identify requisite law enforcement entities required for reporting breaches (i.e., local, state, and federal areas of compliance).
- Examine cybersecurity policies in relation to an organization’s alignment with laws, regulations, and standards.
Note: Retain a copy of this assignment for the Business Continuity Plan, which will be finalized and submitted in either CYB-690 or ITT-660, depending on your major.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
1.1: Examine the laws, regulations, and standards that organizations use to align with government requirements around cybersecurity best practices within their industry.
1.3: Perform requirements analysis to identify and obtain data and evidence in support of cyber law inquiries and incidents.